As Seen On
Signature speaking topics
The Gut Microbiome and Diet
Learn how diet and lifestyle influence the gut microbiota. Become an expert in why and how to eat to optimize the gut microbiota. Create nutrition interventions to improve gut health via the gut microbiome.
Medical Nutrition Therapy for Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
Learn how to use food and nutrition to manage Crohn’s and ulcerative colitis. Get reliable and actionable information about what to eat with IBD to manage inflammation and improve quality of life.
Highlights of Previous Speaking Engagements
– IBD and the Gut Microbiome; Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics FNCE
– Feeding the Gut Microbiome: What Every RD Needs to Know; Pediatric GI Nutrition Symposium, NYU Langone Medical Center
– Keynote speech. James J. Peter’s VA Medical Center’s dietetic internship
– Mindful Eating and IBD; Intestinal Immune-Based Inflammatory Diseases Symposium at Columbia University
– IBD and Nutrition: The RDN’s Guide to Managing Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis; The Sage Colleges
– Not Just a Gut Feeling: Everything You Want To Know About SIBO; Westchester Rockland Dietetic Association
– The RD’s Role in Optimizing Gut Health Via the Gut Microbiome; United Healthcare Workers East
– Nutrition in IBD Making Healthy Choices National Webcast; Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation
Other Press and Features
– What If I Have Both IBS and IBD? FODMAP Everyday
– Can Diet Affect Inflammatory Bowel Disease? Wellness By Food
– Your Guide to a Low-Fiber Diet for Crohn’s and Ulcerative Colitis. Wellness By Food
– Depressed? It Could Be Your Diet. MarthaMckittrickNutrition.com
– Feeding the Gut Microbiome. Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics SCAN’s Pulse
Interviews and Podcasts
Quotes and Mentions
Top Chefs: First-years get lessons in healthful cuisine. The Magazine of Weill Cornell Medical College. Vol 14, No 1.
– 2 Types of Fats to Enjoy if You Have Crohn’s Disease, and 2 to Avoid
– 5 Seasonings That Will Spice Up Your IBD Diet
– Can a Paleo Diet Treat Ulcerative Colitis?
– Will Doctors Start Prescribing the Specific Carbohydrate Diet for People With IBD?