The RDN’s Ultimate Guide to Managing Constipation in Patients with Ulcerative Colitis
By Colleen Webb, MS, RDN and Ryan Warren, MS, RDN
Did you know that nearly half of all patients with ulcerative colitis will experience constipation? And they will need your help!
Addressing constipation in patients with active UC presents its own challenges because rarely can patients tolerate high-fiber diets.
With this 21-page guide, you will become an expert in helping your patients with ulcerative colitis manage this complicated symptom.
- An introduction to those with ulcerative colitis most likely to report feelings of constipation and what symptoms should you be on the lookout for.
- Insight into the RDN’s role in helping patients with active and inactive ulcerative colitis overcome constipation.
- Two beautiful and user-friendly lists of IBD-friendly fruits and vegetables that you can share with your patients.
- A hydration cheat sheet made specifically for people with ulcerative colitis
- Diet alone doesn’t always fix the constipation! So you’ll get access to 5 lifestyle modifications to review with your patients.
- Four delicious constipation-fighting recipes to help fight constipation in patients with ulcerative colitis.
- A customizable and handy goal sheet to fill out with your patient. You can add your own website and info!
- Real-life case studies with examples of how RDNs helped their patients with ulcerative colitis improve their constipation when no one else could!
- Answers to frequently asked questions from patients with ulcerative colitis and constipation.