By Colleen Webb MS, RDN and Ryan Warren MS, RDN
Are you unsure of what to eat with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)? We promise you’re not alone! Together we’ve counseled thousands of people with Crohn’s and ulcerative colitis.
Nutrition therapy for IBD is complex. One thing we know for certain is there is no perfect diet for everyone with IBD. However, the success of any dietary approach requires a solid foundation.
That’s why we created The IBD Nutrition Starter Kit for Patients. With this 50+ page guide, you will learn the fundamentals of healthy eating for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis without feeling overwhelmed by information overload!
- A simple overview of the role diet plays in Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis
- A list of common nutrient deficiencies + how to treat them
- A list of common food triggers
- The truth about fiber and IBD, including expert advice on how to eat a variety of wholesome high-fiber foods, including fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, nuts and seeds
- Seven beautiful and comprehensive food lists with low-roughage recommendations
- A 5-day sample meal plan for patients with active and inactive disease
- Delicious, easy-to-make, IBD-friendly recipes to help you enjoy and tolerate a variety of wholesome foods
- An RDN approved list of favorite food brands and products
- Guidelines for reintroducing foods to one’s diet
- A food and symptom tracker template
- And more!