The IBD Nutrition Starter Kit for RDNs
By Colleen Webb MS, RDN and Ryan Warren MS, RDN
Do you want to become better and more confident at providing nutrition counseling to patients with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), such as Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis?
Nutrition therapy for IBD is complex. One thing we know for certain is there is no perfect diet for everyone with IBD. However, the success of any dietary approach requires a solid foundation.
With this 50+ page guide, you will find everything you need to teach your IBD patients the fundamentals of healthy eating for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis and to empower them to use food and nutrition to feel better and improve gut health.
- Talking points to help you explain the role diet plays in Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis.
- How to identify and treat micronutrient deficiencies in IBD.
- A patient-friendly list of common food triggers.
- The truth about fiber, including expert advice on how patients with IBD can eat a variety of wholesome high-fiber foods, including fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, nuts and seeds.
- Four guiding principles to help RDNs provide optimal nutrition care to IBD patients.
- Thoughtful answers to six FAQs from IBD patients.
- An overview of popular IBD diets.
- Seven comprehensive patient-friendly food lists with low-roughage recommendations
- A 5-day sample meal plan for patients with active and inactive disease.
- Delicious, easy-to-make, IBD-friendly recipes to help your patients enjoy and tolerate a variety of wholesome foods.
- An RDN approved list of favorite food brands and products.
- And more!
There are no reviews yet.