IBD Nutrition Starter Kit for Patients
By Colleen Webb MS, RDN and Ryan Warren MS, RDN
Are you unsure of what to eat with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)? We promise you’re not alone! Together we’ve counseled thousands of people with Crohn’s and ulcerative colitis.
Nutrition therapy for IBD is complex. One thing we know for certain is there is no perfect diet for everyone with IBD. However, the success of any dietary approach requires a solid foundation.
That’s why we created The IBD Nutrition Starter Kit for Patients. With this 50+ page guide, you will learn the fundamentals of healthy eating for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis without feeling overwhelmed by information overload!
- A simple overview of the role diet plays in Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis
- A list of common nutrient deficiencies + how to treat them
- A list of common food triggers
- The truth about fiber and IBD, including expert advice on how to eat a variety of wholesome high-fiber foods, including fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, nuts and seeds
- Seven beautiful and comprehensive food lists with low-roughage recommendations
- A 5-day sample meal plan for patients with active and inactive disease
- Delicious, easy-to-make, IBD-friendly recipes to help you enjoy and tolerate a variety of wholesome foods
- An RDN approved list of favorite food brands and products
- Guidelines for reintroducing foods to one’s diet
- A food and symptom tracker template
- And more!
Smoothies to the Rescue: A Step-by-Step Guide to Evolving Your Diet & Improving Your Gut Health via Smoothies
Brought to you by Wellness By Food
Did you know that smoothies are one of the simplest and tastiest ways for people with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) to consume wholesome foods, including fruits, vegetables and other high-fiber foods, like nuts and seeds EVEN while following a “low-fiber” diet.
That’s right! Smoothies make it possible for people with active and inactive IBD, including Crohn’s, ulcerative colitis and pouchitis to eat a variety of nourishing foods that will give your body the nutrients it needs to heal, stay well and feel strong and energized.
- A 4-week smoothie challenge customized for people with IBD
- Expert insight into how smoothies can benefit your health and disease
- 8 guiding principles to creating IBD-friendly Smoothies
- Step-by-step instructions for choosing your smoothie ingredients
- Suggestions for turning your smoothie into a meal
- Blending, cleaning & timesaving tips
- Thoughtful answers to FAQs about smoothies and IBD
- An ingredient swap guide
- Bonus recipes